Full Stack Developer
Full-time or part-time
Remote North America / Europe
This position is currently closed. Proactive applications for next hiring round are welcome.
Our mission at Poparide is to fill empty seats in cars and help people travel together. We do this by connecting drivers with people heading the same direction. By sharing trips, we create a new type of travel that is more social, affordable and sustainable for everyone. Our vision is to live in a world where we all share resources to better preserve our planet. You can read more about our impact here.
Established in 2015, Poparide now boasts over 500,000 users across Canada and operates a city-to-city carpooling service on dozens of routes across all provinces. After a difficult period due to travel restrictions related to Covid-19, Poparide is growing again. We are looking for a Full Stack Developer to help us scale our fast-growing platform and write the future of Poparide, one line at a time.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to get direct experience in a growing company with a great potential for scale. In this role, you will be working closely with our product team to build new features, improve the performance of our product and help scale our services. This is the perfect position for someone who is a passionate cross-disciplinary developer with a strong problem-solving mindset and the ability to write code efficiently and elegantly.
- A passion for travel and connecting humans in the real world using technology
- A “can do” attitude and the ability to proactively come up with effective solutions to problems
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills to convey concepts clearly and succinctly
- The ability to deal with various stakeholders, quickly changing priorities and decisions
- Extensive experience on the backend in Python/Django/PostgreSQL, writing REST APIs and unit testing
- Extensive experience working with product management tools and methodologies: Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Asana, Figma, Github, etc.
- Patience, a great deal of empathy, and the ability to find inclusive ways to solve problems and keep moving forward
Bonus points for having…
- Experience working in a small, fast-growing startup and wearing many different hats
- Experience in wireframing/designing features for mobile/web applications
- Experience architecting, deploying and monitoring services in AWS
- An interest in wellbeing, self-awareness, and balance
- Knowledge of French or Spanish
What you’ll be doing:
- Work closely with our small product team of three people to build, ship and maintain features across all our platforms
- Build on top of existing product processes to ensure a highly effective rhythm of work
- Assist with recruitment efforts and onboarding of new team members
Wage and Perks:
- Minimum 20 hours per week, salary TBD based on experience and location, starting at $50/h in Canada
- Remote work with possibility of going to a coworking space part-time
- Flexible working days and hours – we care about your added value, not how long you’re at work!
Working at Poparide
You’ll be part of a company where you will do meaningful work with a positive impact, where you will be respected and your ideas will be listened to. You will have direct access to the leadership team and influence across all areas of the company. We have a positive and supportive culture where we assume our people have the best intentions: we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day.
In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. We go the extra mile to help our colleagues and we aim to be honest, transparent and kind with our people.
We also take care of the environment around us and we like to have fun together outside of work: eating out, hiking, skiing…! We understand that people have lives outside of work, so we love to increase productivity during working hours so that we can head out of the office early with a free mind.
This position is currently closed. Proactive applications for next hiring round are welcome.Apply now