Full-time, remote Canada
Applications closed. Proactive applications for next hiring round welcome.
Our mission at Poparide is to fill empty seats in cars and help people travel together. We do this by connecting drivers with people heading the same direction. By sharing trips, we create a new type of travel that is more social, affordable and sustainable for everyone. Our vision is to live in a world where we all share resources to better preserve our planet. You can read more about our impact here.
Established in 2015, Poparide now boasts over 500,000 users across Canada and operates a city-to-city carpooling service on dozens of routes across all provinces. After a difficult period due to travel restrictions related to Covid-19, Poparide is growing again. We are looking for a Full Stack Developer to help us scale our fast-growing platform and write the future of Poparide, one line at a time.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to get direct experience in a growing company with a huge potential for scale. In this role, you will be working closely with our CEO and CTO to create a product roadmap that meets our strategic objectives, build up our product team and processes and oversee the implementation and release of new features and improvements. This is the perfect position for someone who is a product leader, with a strong strategic mindset while still being tactical and in the trenches with our team.
- A passion for travel and connecting humans using technology
- A “can do” attitude and will proactively come up with effective solutions to problems
- Amazing organizational skills and the ability to take work off people’s plates, not add more!
- An above average attention to detail, from being able to detect gaps in product to misplaced pixels
- The capacity to make tactical and strategic decisions efficiently, sourcing input from peers at multiple stages of your process
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills to convey concepts clearly and succinctly
- The ability to reach out and listen to all stakeholders, collect and summarize information and product requirements, and propose viable solutions
- The ability to deal with various stakeholders, quickly changing priorities and decisions
- Being able to try things, own both successes and failures, and share credit with the team
- Extensive experience working with product management tools and methodologies: Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Asana, Figma, Github, etc.
- Extensive experience leading, inspiring and managing product teams
- A great technical aptitude: you may not be a coding genius, but you’re not afraid of technology and like to get your hands dirty by building technical processes using online tools
- Patience, a great deal of empathy, and the ability to deal with other people’s stress, diffuse conflict and find constructive and inclusive solutions to solve human and operational problems
Bonus points for having…
- Experience working in a small, fast-growing startup and wearing many different hats
- Experience in coding/designing features for mobile/web applications
- An interest in wellbeing, self-awareness, and balance
- Knowledge of French or Spanish
What you’ll be doing:
- Work closely with our CEO and the leadership team to prioritize and manage our product pipeline
- Liaise with the support and marketing teams to gather feedback and requirements for growth
- Lead and grow our product team, and report back progress to the executive team
- Research features, define requirements, overview implementation, run QA and release cycles
- Build on top of existing product processes to ensure a highly effective rhythm of work
- Assist with recruitment efforts and onboarding of new team members
Wage and Perks:
- Starting salary of $100,000/year with room for more as the company grows
- Equity through the Employee Stock Options Plan (ESOP)
- 20 paid holiday days per year and another 10 paid statutory days off per year
- Remote work with possibility of going to a coworking space part-time
- Flexible working days and hours – we care about your added value, not how long you’re at work!
- Possibility to start at 4 days per week
Working at Poparide
You’ll be part of a company where you will do meaningful work with a positive impact, where you will be respected and your ideas will be listened to. You will have direct access to the leadership team and influence across all areas of the company. We have a positive and supportive culture where we assume our people have the best intentions: we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day.
In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. We go the extra mile to help our colleagues and we aim to be honest, transparent and kind with our people.
We also take care of the environment around us and we like to have fun together outside of work: eating out, hiking, skiing…! We understand that people have lives outside of work, so we love to increase productivity during working hours so that we can head out of the office early with a free mind.Apply now