Graphic Designer & Social Media Specialist (Marketing Team)
3-month contract position with the possibility to extend at the end of the term
We’re on a mission to fill empty seats in cars and make travel more social, affordable and sustainable for everyone. Established in 2015, our city-to-city carpooling platform boasts over 400,000 users across Canada, connecting drivers with people heading in the same direction.
After a challenging period of travel restrictions due to Covid-19, Poparide is growing again. We’re looking for highly motivated individuals to help us move towards our vision of a world where we all share resources to better preserve our planet. You can learn more about our positive impact on people and the planet here.
This is a unique opportunity to get in on the ground floor with a small company with huge potential. If you’d like to be part of a growing team that is dedicated to preserving the environment through shared travel, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for a graphic designer that loves taking on new challenges and pushing the boundaries with creative and innovative content. In this role, you’ll be working closely with our VP Marketing to take our brand and social media to the next level. This is a multi-disciplinary role where you’ll harness your design, storytelling and social media skills to produce creative content, directly engage our audiences and raise our company profile.
What you’ll be doing
- Taking our illustrative style to the next level, expanding our existing brand elements and building new imagery with your own creative touch.
- Developing new ways to inspire, motivate and engage our audiences on social media.
- Going beyond the traditional role of graphic designer to stay on the pulse of our community, uncover member stories and turn them into creative social media campaigns.
- Constantly looking for new ways to reach our audiences through unique campaigns.
- Conceptualizing marketing project briefs into powerful content across multiple media.
- Contributing innovative ideas to team brainstorming and strategy meetings.
- A degree or certificate in graphic design with the drive to support a marketing team in social media and digital marketing
- A passion for social media with hands on experience in developing creative social content that engages audiences on Instagram and Facebook
- Highly proficient skills in Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent understanding of typography, layout, and branding
- Basic understanding of HTML/CSS
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight in the creative process
- Effective time management, cross-functional, and multitasking skills
- Ability to conceptualize a brand’s creative vision, language, and expectations and turn them into powerful creative content
- Patience, a great deal of empathy, and the ability to work well under pressure
Bonus points for having…
- Experience working in a small, fast-growing startup and wearing many different hats
- Marketing knowledge and an interest in photography
Wage and perks
- 3-month contract position at $18/hour with the possibility to extend at the end of the term
- Remote work with possibility of going to a co-working space part-time
- Flexible working days and hours – we care about your added value, not how long you’re at work!
Working at Poparide
At Poparide, you’ll do some of the most meaningful work of your life. We have a positive and supportive culture where we assume our people have the best intentions. As a member of our team, you’ll be respected, your ideas will be listened to and you’ll have influence across all areas of the company with direct access to the leadership team.
We’re a humble and hardworking group of individuals who are curious, inventive, and strive to be a little better every day. We go the extra mile to help our colleagues and always aim to be honest, transparent and kind with our people.
We also take care of the environment around us and like to have fun together outside of work, including eating out and enjoying outdoor activities. We understand that people have lives outside of work, so we love to increase productivity during working hours so that we can head out of the office with a free mind.Apply now